LFA Party in the Park
Sunday, July 4
Elmer Thomas Park
Who doesn’t love an afternoon in the park?! LFA has made special plans for our church family to meet up at Elmer Thomas Park! We have reserved the brand-new Patriot Pavilion and lined up some yummy food trucks. We’ve also organized several awesome activities. You can enter the LFA Lake Helen Fishing Derby, play Disc Golf, challenge someone to a game of Cornhole, or take your kids to the Elmer Thomas Splash Pad. If you don’t like any of these, well, you can just go fly a kite! Ha! No, really, we’re going to host a kite flying contest as well—homemade kites, that is!
But truly, you may simply want to let the afternoon drift by under the pavilion in your favorite lawn chair and chat with your favorite LFA folks or make some new LFA friends. Whatever you decide to do, we’d love for you to join us for a relaxing afternoon in the park!
Prior to this event, we will have one service on site at LFA from 9:15am to 10:30am (includes LFA Kids Ministry as usual). Then, we will pack up and head for Elmer Thomas Park!
9:15am – One service only at LFA (LFA Kids Ministry, etc., as usual)
9:15am – PATHWAY (abbreviated)
10:25am – Dismiss service and go to Elmer Thomas Park
11:00am – Eat! Choose food trucks ($) or bring-your-own picnic
12:00pm – Games kickoff
What to Bring
- Lawn chair
- Picnic lunch (if you don’t plan to get lunch from one of the food trucks)
LFA Lake Helen Fishing Derby
- Your fishing gear
- Fish measuring board if you have one
- Oklahoma State Fishing License (over age 15)
- City of Lawton fishing permit ($1 one day; $10 one year)
- Cell phone to capture and text a picture of your fish
LFA Kite Flying Contest
- Kite (homemade if you plan to enter the contest)
LFA Disc Golf Tournament
- A frisbee or multiple frisbees, or you can take your chances on getting a free one from us.
- Simply register at the park to play!
What NOT To Bring
- No pets/animals
- No alcohol
- No fireworks
- No glass containers